Oxfam Dry Season and Wet Season Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) survey 2017. We customized the PDM tool on ODK mobile and conducted training in Adamawa and Kebbi State simultaneously.
In collaboration with EU Oxfam, we created a world-class website for Oxfam Nigeria with active links to sub-projects portals and websites.
In order to ensure everyone embrace Information and Community Technology (ICT), we recently began a journey to empower young people within our host communities by opening up standard ICT training facilities in two locations. So far, we have graduated 18 young people who got skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Computer appreciation, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Powerpoint, introduction to ethical use of the internet), CorelDraw Graphics and web Design.
Participants passionately took their finalized mobile questionnaires to the field for pre-test. The pilot was educative, informative and presented participants the opportunity to appreciate the need for a paradigm shift from paper-based surveys to mobile-based surveys.
Academic staff of Federal University of Technology, Minna in Niger State during a recently conducted training on the use of OpenData Kit (ODK) for academic research.
Highlights of the Traning:
- Introduction to mobile devices for field data collection
- Development of simple survey tool (questionnaire) using ODK
- Design of large questionnaire using xlsform
- Data presentation using visuals and charts (visualization of data)
- Export of survey data to excel, csv spss and other formats for easy analysis.
- Pre-test of questionnaire using the ODK mobile tool.